15 things to do while you're here
Whether you came here for an active vacation or just to relax – or for a little taste of both relaxation and recreation – Sisters has plenty to offer. Here's a list of some of the things you can do while you visit Sisters.
1. Go for a hike: Sisters' main attraction is its stunning natural beauty and there's lots to explore if you want to get out in it.
2. Eat an ice cream cone: The tourist experience is not complete until you've walked the streets of Sisters enjoying a scrumptious ice cream cone. Gotta do it!
3. Drive McKenzie Hwy.: Take Highway 242 out the west end of town (when open) up and over the Cascades to see some of the most spectacular scenery the Sisters Country has to offer.
4. Ride a bike: You can take that McKenzie Highway trip on two wheels or just tool around town. Visit local bike shops for ideas for rides.
5. Go shopping: In Sisters you will find unique shops and art galleries that make shopping more than just retail therapy. It's a cultural experience.
6. Get a massage: Visit one of several local spas to unwind from the tensions of your every day life – or to recover from that hike or bike ride.
7. Enjoy a coffee drink: Sisters may be a small town, but it's big time when it comes to coffee. You'll have no problem finding your favorite drink – and a beautiful spot to sit down and enjoy it while playing family games, surfing the Web or – gasp!– getting a little work done (we promise we won't tell)
8. Visit Camp Sherman: You simply must experience the peace and beauty of the Metolius River and the surrounding community, one of the most treasured places in Oregon.
9. Catch some live music: Whether it's a music festival, a winter concert or a show at one of the local venues, you'll find some great tunes in town all year round.
10. Dine out: Sisters Country has lots of great choices for
breakfast, lunch and dinner – and to suit all tastes and budgets.
11. Take a class or participate in a camp: Sisters Park & Recreation District has a wide range of offerings for some organized fun.
12. Watch a movie: You can catch first-run movies at Sisters Movie House or rent a DVD for family movie night in your room.
13. Catch a fish: Whether you're a seasoned fisherman or just getting your feet wet, you can find some great fishing in Sisters Country – and plenty of professional guidance to help you get a bite.
14. Visit one of the local lakes and rent a paddle boat, rowboat or a canoe. There's nothing more relaxing than being on the water.
15. Just relax!