Now's the time to shop downtown Sisters, enjoy the beautiful forest on snowshoes, hit the slopes at hoodoo, or just curl up by a cracklin' fire!
Check back in 2017 to see what's on tap next year.
Historic Buildings in Sisters Country
Hardy Allen House (Three Sisters Floral)
Southeast corner of Main Avenue and Larch Street. Early settler and stockman Hardy Allen and his wife Daisy moved to Sisters in 1905 and built this fine house in 1908 on the corner of Main Avenue and Fir Street. The house was scheduled for demolition in the 1980s but was saved by moving it to its current location. It was renovated in 1990 to match its historical appearance.
Hotel Sisters (Bronco Billy's Ranch Grill and Saloon)
Northwest corner of Cascade Avenue and Fir Street. The Hotel Sisters was built in 1912 by businessman and Spanish-American War veteran John Dennis. The nicely modern facility boasted hot and cold water in each of its 19 guest rooms and featured heat from a hot air furnace in the basement. It is one of the most photographed buildings in Central Oregon.
Leithauser General Store (Sisters Bakery)
The Leithauser General Store was built on Cascade Avenue between Larch and Spruce streets in 1925. The Leithauser family owned and operated the general store at that location until 1950, when a new store was built just to the west. The building has housed a barber shop, a variety store, a yarn mill and a bakery.
Old Sisters Library West side of Spruce Street between Cascade and Main Avenues (behind the Sisters Area Chamber of Commerce Visitors Center). The building was originally sited on Cascade Avenue, where local businesses and citizens purchased land for a library. Local mills donated lumber for the construction of the library building. The library opened in 1939, with shelf space for 1,000 books. The building was moved to its current location in 1980 and it was retired in 1990.
Southeast corner of Cascade Avenue and Elm Street. The original structure on the site was Sisters Drug Store, owned by the Aitken Family. The building was destroyed in the devastating fire of 1923. The Aitken family moved an existing structure to the corner and again set up shop.